Enable dark mode in Google Documents
Do you know how to enable/disable dark mode in Google Documents via web and app? In most cases, Google Docs displays a clear theme by default. But there is a simple and easy way to turn dark mode on or off on your Google Chrome, Android, iPhone and iPad while saving to your PC. In this article, you will learn how to enable and disable dark mode in Google Documents. You should know that the instructions for Google Slides and Google Sheets are exactly the same.
Important Notice: Could it be that for some reason this option or feature is not available to all users? Flags may interfere with the operation of your web browser and may not function properly. The flag is attached at your own risk.
Read: Enabling dark mode in Google Chrome
Enable dark mode in Google Documents in Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, you can enable dark mode on your desktop, that is, on Mac, Linux, and Windows, in Google Docs. Note, however, that this method forces all pages to run in dark mode. You should follow these steps, but note that at the time of writing this post, this is a feature hidden behind the Chrome flag.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your computer.
- Click in the address bar and type chrome://flags and hit enter.
- Type Force Dark Mode into the search box above to display it.
- Now click on the drop-down menu next to Force dark mode for web content.
- Select the Enabled option from the
- Chrome will then ask you to restart the web browser to apply the changes. Make sure you have no unsaved work in the web browser, then click Restart.
- Go to Google Docs and you will see that the webpage is now black and the font is now white.
Open Chrome and navigate to Chrome Flags
Click the drop-down list next to Force dark mode for web content
Select On to turn on dark mode.
Choose dunning option
Enable dark mode in Google Documents
Read: Setting the dark mode for a website in Google Chrome
Disable dark mode in Google Chrome Docs
If you want to disable the Dark Mode feature in Google Docs Google Chrome on your computer. Then you need to perform the following steps:
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your PC
- Type chrome://flags into the address bar and then press Enter.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Forced dark mode for web content.
- Next, Chrome will ask you to restart your web browser by clicking the Restart button at the bottom.
- Finally, dark mode is disabled or enabled and you will see Google Docs in a light theme.
Disable the forced dark mode in the Chrome web browser
Restarting the Chrome Web Browser
Read: Enable dark themes in the Google Play Store
Enable dark mode in Google Docs for Android or iPhone
In the Google Docs app, you can enable dark mode (switch from a light to a dark theme) on Android and iPhone devices. If dark mode is enabled for the entire system on your iPhone or Android, it is enabled by default for Google Documents. If you are also one of these users and you want to enable dark mode only in the Google Docs app, here is the next method you need to do so.
- Tap the Google Docs app to open it on your mobile device.
- Now click on the three-line menu in the top left corner.
- Then select Settings from the menu.
- Select the Theme option here, which allows you to choose a dark mode. This option is called Select Theme on your Android device.
- Select the dark theme
- All Google Docs documents now open in dark mode. However, if you wish, you may review the documents in light of this. We’ll show you how: Click on any document in Google Docs and select the menu item with the three dots in the top right corner.
- Turn on the switch next to the View with Light option.
- For example, all Google Docs documents will be displayed with the light theme, while dark mode is still enabled.
Go to Google Docs settings and select a topic
Select the Dark Mode theme to enable it in Google Documents
Read: Enabling dark themes in Gmail
Turn off dark mode in Google Docs for Android or iPhone
If you want to disable the dark mode of the Google Docs mobile application that was previously enabled (switch from a dark theme to a light theme). Below are the steps to disable dark mode or dark theme for a light theme.
- Open the Google Docs application on your mobile phone.
- Click on the three-dot menu in the top left corner.
- In the Settings menu, select
- Select the theme option that allows you to choose the lighting mode.
- Use the battery saver to choose the light or configuration theme.
- Finally, Google’s dark mode transitions into the light theme.
Touch the Select Theme option and turn on the Light Mode option.
The following question has been asked by several people and may be of interest to you.
How do I make Google Docs dark on my PC?
Dark mode for late night users in Google Docs! It’s an extension or flag that allows you to change the style of Google Docs from a light theme to a dark theme, which is more relaxing, easier to look at and looks cooler 🙂 The page color and dark mode can be turned on and off by clicking on the extension icon.
Enable Google Docs dark mode in Windows 10
Enabling Dark Mode in Google Documents, Slides or Device Sheets The method for enabling dark mode in the permissions of these applications is the same. Click on the three-line bar or the hamburger icon. Go to Settings and select Choose a theme. Select Dark to activate the application mode.
Set Google Docs to dark mode on page
Open the Google Chrome web browser on your computer and type chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark into the address bar and press Enter. You will see that the forced dark mode for web content is disabled. Click on the drop-down menu and select the Enable option. Finally, click the Restart option to restart your Google Chrome browser so that the changes take effect.
frequently asked questions
Can I put Google Docs in dark mode?
How do I enable dark mode in the Google application?
Answer from Googleplay
How do I enable night mode in Chrome on my phone?
Feedback,google docs dark modegoogle docs dark mode windowsgoogle docs dark mode windows 10how to make google docs dark mode on pcgoogle docs dark mode browserhow to make google docs dark mode on mac,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,google docs dark mode,google docs dark mode windows,google docs dark mode windows 10,how to make google docs dark mode on pc,google docs dark mode browser,how to make google docs dark mode on mac,how to change google docs to dark mode on pc,google docs dark mode safari