Many Facebook Messenger users have had issues with the way media is handled in their messages. Specifically, it seems that Facebook Messenger will no longer send photos on Android. Not after repeated attempts. We have ensured that affected users will be able to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Table of contents :
- Authorisation test
- Delete cache and data from Messenger
- Check the Date and Time box.
- Reinstalling the application
- Check the SD card
- Completion of a beta program
- Returning to an older version of Facebook Messenger
Why doesn’t Facebook Messenger send photos?
There’s more than one reason why Facebook Messenger on Android doesn’t send photos. The first is server status, which can be disabled for all or some users. It is also possible that the local cache is corrupt or the time and date settings are incorrect.
To combat these and other problems, see the list below.
1. Inspection rights
A common bug that causes this problem usually prevents users from sending photos or even text messages to users who have recently reactivated their Facebook accounts (including Facebook Messenger accounts). What you need to do is disconnect from that user and become friends with them again. If the images do not disappear after that, continue playing.
Let’s start by checking all permissions to make sure Facebook Messenger has access to both local storage and the SD card. Sometimes users accidentally deny memory access requests. In this case, you will not be able to send or save any photos on Facebook Messenger.
Then go to Settings > Applications > All apps > Facebook Messenger. Then make sure that all linked permissions are preserved. You do not need to give permission for location, contacts or SMS.
2. Clear Envoy cache and data
The second step is to clear the cache and data of the Messenger application and reset the application that way. Many problems with Android apps can be solved by clearing the cache and data of the apps.
Follow these steps to clear Facebook Messenger’s cache and data:
- Open the settings.
- Select Apps.
- Tap All Applications (Application Manager or Manage Applications).
- Open Herald.
- Memory of the mouthpiece.
- First clear the cache, then the data.pictures
- Restart your device and sign in to your Messenger account again.
3. Check date and time Settings
If Facebook Messenger on Android is still not sending photos, check that the time and date are set correctly. As with most messaging systems, multimedia and text messages are sent to a dedicated server and then forwarded (within seconds) to recipients.
To make sure there are no problems with dedicated servers, you need to set the time and date correctly.
Follow these instructions to check and set the time and date:
- Open the settings.
- Select System or Advanced Settings.
- Date and time of opening.
- Activate the option Use network time.
- Restart your device.
4. Reinstall application
You can also try reinstalling the application if the previous steps did not solve the problem. There’s not much difference from clearing the cache and data, but it’s worth a try, especially since you’re getting the latest version of Facebook Messenger.
Here’s how to reinstall Facebook Messenger on Android:
- Again, go to Settings > Apps > All apps > Messenger.
- Uninstall the application and clear the cache and data when prompted.
- Go to the Play Store and install the application.
- Restart your device.
- Log back in.
5. check SD card
There is an additional layer of security and system privileges when it comes to accessing external storage. We hope you have done so with the first step we have listed here. However, your SD card may still exhibit problems due to damage or improper insertion into the slot.
If you cannot access the files on the SD card of your Android device from another application, make sure to format it. For most applications, it is better to format the SD card as external storage instead of internal.
6. Beta program version
If you are part of the Facebook Messenger beta program, you should leave it and look for improvements. Early versions are interesting because they offer new features faster, but the application can be unstable and problems can occur.
If you don’t know how to leave the Facebook Messenger beta program, follow these steps:
- Outdoor toys store.
- Find and open Messenger and scroll down until you get to the You’re a beta tester section.
- Click Exit and wait to be removed from the beta program.
- Restart your phone and update Messenger.
7. Returning to an older version of Facebook Messenger
Finally, if none of the previous steps helped you and Facebook Messenger is still not sending photos, we recommend you to use the old APK version. You can use the APK to revert to an older version of Facebook Messenger to fix the issue.
- Delete Facebook Messenger.
- Go to APK Mirror, here, or use any APK aggregator and search for Facebook Messenger.
- Download APK. We recommend that the APK is no more than 2 months old and is not a beta version.
- Launch the APK and give permission to install third-party apps on your device when prompted.
- Clear the cache and data, then log in with your data.
It is also possible that the server is down for a while and you can try to send the photos after a few hours. In most cases, the best solution is to wait until the situation improves.
And with that, we can conclude this article. Thank you for reading. If you want to discuss this article further, as well as find other content, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
frequently asked questions
Why are my photos not sent to Android?
Why is my message not sent to the courier?
Facebook News Bu…
How can I solve problems with Messenger?
how to correct the message…
Feedback,can’t send photos on messenger 2020photos not sending on messenger iphonemessenger couldn’t send picturesfacebook messenger won’t send pictures 2020 iphonefacebook messenger won’t send pictures 2020i can’t send pictures on facebook messenger,People also search for,facebook messenger won’t send pictures 2020,can’t send photos on messenger 2020,i can’t send pictures on facebook messenger,photos not sending on messenger iphone,can’t send photos on facebook messenger 2020,messenger couldn’t send pictures,facebook messenger pictures not showing android,facebook messenger won’t send pictures 2020 iphone