Internet connection disconnected after Windows 10 update 20H2 or error message Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration. This means that your Ethernet network adapter (network card) cannot obtain a valid IP address from the DHCP server. And the problem is most likely due to a driver incompatibility between the network card and the Windows PC. Every time I start my PC, it starts up without internet access. The network icon in the Windows system tray shows Network not identified, and in the network diagnostics, the Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration. If you are also facing this problem, here are some effective solutions to solve the problem: Ethernet does not have a valid IP address in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
Repair lack of valid IP configuration window 10
- First reboot all network devices (router, switch, modem), including your PC. This will fix the problem if a temporary issue is causing the problem.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software and the VPN connection (if configured).
- Perform a reboot to determine if a conflict in startup services is causing the problem.
- Check and make sure the latest Windows updates are installed on your PC.
Checking DHCP client service
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok.
- Scroll down and find the DHCP client service.
- Right-click and select Restart,
- If the service is not active, right-click on the DHCP client and select Properties,
- Here, change the start to Automatic and start the function as soon as it is executed.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl, and press OK.
- The Network Connections window opens,
- Right-click on the active network card and select Properties,
- Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then select Properties.
- On the General tab, select the radio buttons Obtain IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Click OK and restart the window to check if the problem is solved.
Manually Assigning the IP Address
If you haven’t configured anything and left everything as default, you can try configuring these settings with static data, including the local network IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server.
IP Address : 192.168.1.112
Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1 (your router’s address)
DNS servers: 8.8.8 and 22.214.171.124
There are two options in these details that you should keep in mind: IP address and default gateway.
Default gateway : This is the IP address of your router or modem – depending on where the DHCP server is located and what cable the Ethernet is connected to.
IP Address : You can set any IP address, but it must follow this form, which is the default gateway address. If your default gateway address is z. B. 192.168.11.1, your IP address should be 192.168.11. . The number  can be any number between 2 and 255, but it must not be the same IP address used by other devices, otherwise an IP address conflict will occur.
When you have entered all the required information, click OK to save the changes and restart your computer. Then check again whether the internet connection is restored or not.
Clear DNS cache and reset TCP/IP
If the problem persists, try resetting the TCP/IP configuration to its default values and flushing the DNS cache with the following command.
Find the command, right-click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator,
Now run the following commands in sequence and press Enter.
- NETSH winsock reset
- NETSH int ipv4 reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /Records
- ipconfig / Enable
- ipconfig / update
Restart Windows and check that there are no more problems with the Windows IP configuration. Your internet connection is working fine.
Reinstall the network adapter
- Press Windows + X, select Device Manager,
- Expand the network adapters,
- Right-click on the network adapter that is exhibiting the problem and click Uninstall.
- Check the Remove Drivers box and click the Remove button when prompted for confirmation.
- Restart Windows.
- Now open the Device Manager again,
- Click Action and then Scan for Hardware Changes.
- This will detect and install the network adapter driver for your PC.
- You can also download the latest network adapter drivers from the manufacturer’s website, install them on your computer and check this help.
Start the network diagnostics and troubleshooting program
Now let’s run Windows’ built-in network diagnostics program and see if it helps.
- Type Troubleshooter in the search box and click the Troubleshoot button.
- Locate and select the network adapter,
- Press to begin troubleshooting
This will identify and correct problems that prevent DHCP from assigning the correct IP address to your PC, as well as other problems with network and Internet connections. Restart Windows and check that there are no more problems connecting to the network and the Internet.
Did these solutions help you solve the problem of no valid Ethernet IP configuration in Windows 10? Give us your thoughts in the comments below, also read:
to report this message
frequently asked questions
What if the Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration?
an element of knowledge…
How do I fix the Ethernet connection in Windows 10?
How do I set the IP address for Ethernet?
Configuring a static IP address…
Feedback,ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration microsoftethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration reddit 2020ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration shawethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration tp linkhow do i fix ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration windows 10realtek pcie gbe family controller ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration,People also search for,how do i fix ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration windows 10,realtek pcie gbe family controller ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration,lỗi ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration,bt ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration,ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration microsoft,ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration reddit 2020,ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration shaw,ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration tp link